What is a Health Assessment?
An Annual Health Assessment is available to all patients over the age of 75 and is an in-depth look at all aspects of your health. This assessment provides a great opportunity to review your overall health and your physical, psychological and social function and discuss with your doctor any concerns you may have.
Each year, Your Family Doctors at Erina invites our over 75 year old patients to attend the practice to have their Health Assessment completed. A Health Assessment consists of an appointment with our practice nurse and followed by an appointment with your GP.
What happens at a Health Assessment?
The following assessments may be completed:
- Blood pressure, pulse and rhythm
- Weight and blood sugar level
- Foot check
- Urine check
- Alcohol intake
- Smoking status
- Immunisation status e.g. Flu vaccine
- Physical function e.g. walking and daily activities
- Social activities
- Healthy aging and frailty assessment
- Mood and memory test
- Vision test
- Medication Review
- Advanced care directives
- Drivers medical
- Assessment discussed with GP and recommendations suggested to help you maintain your independence at home.
Health Assessments are bulk billed (i.e. there is no out-of-pocket cost).
To book in, please call Kiara our Care Co-ordinator on 4365 4999 and ask for a Health Assessment. Please allow an hour for your health assessment.