On Monday 11 October, fully vaccinated people in NSW could get back to doing some of the things they love. However, with these increased freedoms we still need to remain Covid safe as we adapt to living with Covid in our community.
As we see vulnerable patients in our practice, we still need to reduce the risk of potential covid exposures.
Our ‘roadmap’ will look a little like this over the next few weeks to keep our patients and staff safe…
- Telehealth appointments are still our preferred consultation option to help keep you safe (these can be booked online using hotdocs).
- Book a telephone appointment for shorter consults (such as scripts, referrals and review of results).
- If you require a longer consult for multiple medical issues, GP management or mental health plans you will need to book a Video consult (due to Medicare rebate requirements).
- If you require a face to face appointments we can safely arrange this after speaking to you.
- All patients attending will be screened at the front door by staff for any flu like symptoms, exposure to any hotspots or positive cases. Please be honest with your answers to avoid putting others at risk.
- Please sign in using the QR code when you enter our building, wear a mask and use hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines. This means we can only fit 7 people in our waiting room so if things are getting a bit crowded you may be asked to wait outside in our garden or in your car. Please attend alone or with one carer if possible.
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms please have a covid test. We have to have them too!
- We will still see sick children and adults with cold or flu symptoms in our respiratory check clinic if required after a Telehealth appointment, wearing PPE. This is important because if we catch your cold or Covid – we can’t work either!
- Vaccination is one of the best ways to protect against Covid-19. We have both Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines available at YFD.
- Please be nice to our staff. They are doing an amazing job fielding many calls and are doing their best to find you appointments and answer vaccination enquiries. We hate Covid too, but we do have zero tolerance for disrespect towards our staff.
Stay well and stay safe and more importantly PLEASE don’t delay seeking medical advice.