What is a Health Assessment?
At Your Family Doctors we care about your health. That is why we offer a health check for everyone aged between 45 and 49 years to help prevent or reduce the risk of chronic conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis or heart disease.
Prevention really is better than cure. Early intervention makes treatment easier and may avoid chronic disease altogether.
This health check will give us the opportunity to look at your lifestyle, medical and family history to find out if you are at risk and take action if necessary. We also can discuss all issues to suit individuals needs including diet, exercise, stress management, family planning, cancer screening, cardiovascular health and review your current medications and immunisation status.
What happens at a Health Assessment?
The health check could include:
- Updating your medical/family history and looking at your health issue
- Doing tests, such as blood pressure, ECG, blood pathology
- Identify and follow up any health problems
- Providing advice and information about lifestyle modification programs to the patient
- strategies to achieve lifestyle and behaviour changes
- Looking at risk factors including smoking, poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, family history, chronic disease, and sun exposure.
The health check is Bulk Billed through Medicare with NO out of pocket costs to you.
If you would like to have a health check, please phone Kiara, the practice Care Co-ordinator on 4365 4999 to arrange an appointment with the Practice Nurse followed by your Doctor. Please allow an hour for your appointment.
Telephone: 02 4365 4999 www.yourfamilydoctors.com.au